Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

BBQ Pitmasters Season 2

I read a Twitter post from BBQ Pitmasters creator John Markus recently announcing the narrowing of the field for the season 2 cast.  It took me awhile to warm up to Season 1.  Having competed in KCBS contests for several years, what I was watching on TV and what I actually experienced at bbq contests did not match up well. 

After the 3rd episode, my attitude toward the show changed a little and it started to grow on me.  I began to realize that some of the hype was necessary to draw a bigger audience (and advertisers to pay the bills), but that doesn't mean I agreed with all of it.

I wonder what Season 2 will bring?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Season 2 TWO WORDS: EPIC FAIL

Anonymous said...

This show has become a mini version of "The Next Food Network Star." Myron's his old-self, but the other two judges wouldn't know BBQ from a license plate.
I'm through watching this show. Maybe the boys at TLC (The Learning Channel) have learned their lesson on this debacle.