Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

BBQ Veal Chops



I wanted to try something different on my Weber Smokey Mountain this weekend. 

I flipped through my Smoke & Spice recipe book by Cheryl and Bill Jamison and found a recipe for veal chops on page 159.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but I used their basic ideas. 

The chops were marinated in the refrigerator for 4 hours in a mixture of sage, salt, garlic powder, olive oil, and a little lemon juice. (I skipped the wine and lemon juice mop.)

I smoked them with Royal Oak lump charcoal.  They were removed after an hour when the internal meat temperature reached 155.  If you like your veal medium rare, then you may want to remove them a little sooner. I usually like my meat closer to medium-well, so I cooked the chops a little longer than teh recipe recommends.

My first attempt at smoked veal chops was a success!

1 comment:

Chris said...

They look good Brian. I just got that book this week after using several recipes from it for years (Poultry Perfect Rub for example). I can't wait to try some of these.

They've sold another 150,000 since your copy, according to the cover of mine :)