Pages

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Barbecue: A Texas Love Story


I haven't yet ordered the Barbecue: A Texas Love Story yet, but I just might have to put this DVD on my gift list this year.

Featuring personalities including Kinky Friedman (candidate for Governor of Texas), Ray Benson (lead singer of Asleep at the Wheel), and Dan Rather (retired TV news anchor) and narrated by the late Ann Richards (former Governor of Texas), this bbq "film" appears to be a real gem.

According it's web site, the DVD features various stops on a bbq tour of Texas. The list includes segments/information regarding these noted Texas bbq institutions and events (among others):

The web site also features an online that sells shirts, hats and a bbq picture "montage". I can't wait to get the video. How about you?

Would anyone that has the video care to share their thoughts and impressions of the DVD? I'd love to post reviews of the DVD (good or bad) here on the blog.

No comments: