Pages

Sunday, December 08, 2013

When I'm Not Cooking Barbecue

I like to eat bbq, cook bbq, read about it and blog about it; but in recent months I've been doing a little less barbecuing and a lot more fishing. Not bass or crappie fishing - carp fishing. I can hear the groans as you read this all the way in Michigan, but before you dismiss my "second" hobby because "it's just carp" take a look at these pictures.

16.4 pounds

17.0 pounds
I caught these fish in late October in a 30 minute period. I fished for bass, blue gill and crappie for a lot of years, but never caught anything this big let alone 2 of them within 30 minutes.

I think I can work bbq into this new way to pass the time also. Sometimes it can take a couple of hours to get a bite, so that leaves plenty of time for cooking some barbecue too.

I have also created a new blog to document my fishing and to hopefully raise some money for charity at the same time. Please check it out. It's called Michigan Carp Fishing. With the new fishing blog I am hoping to help raise money for lupus research.

No comments: