Pages

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pulled Pork Sliders and Sweet Potato Wedges

Here are some pictures from my cook today for supper prior to watching the big game tonight. I smoked two 10 lb pork shoulder picnics from Wal-Mart.


Pork shoulder picnic
We ended up with a whole bunch of pulled pork. I'll be eating left overs for lunch all week.

Pulled pork
 I baked sweet potatoes whole in the smoker for the last hour of the cooking session.


Sweet potato wedges

Then I sliced them into wedges and plopped them in a frying pan filled with about 3/4 of an inch in vegetable oil.


Frying the sweet potato wedges
 The wedges were fried for about 10 minutes until the skin started to turn crispy.


Sweet potato wedges wtih dipping sauce
Linda made the dipping sauce with Greek yogurt, chipotle, mayonaise, Adobo sauce, chili powder, garlic, and some smoked paprika.


Pulled pork sliders
 We served the pulled pork on dinner rolls.


Supper before the Big Game
This was my supper before the game and for my birthday.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

The BBQ Guy said...

Thanks Chris. It's been a long week. I've caught the flu and can't seem to shake it. I guess I'm starting to show my age. :-)

Barbecue France said...

Love your blog. One of my friend from Pennstate show it to me and since then, here in France, I'm using some of your recipes (you're becoming an international VIP ...)
Have you ever tried to used a plancha . I know this cooking table is not yet as popular in the US as it is in Europe but if you ever come across it, give it a try. You won't beleive how meat, vegetables, fishes and even fruits taste. And how easy to use and to clean ...