Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

BBQ Site of the Day: The Hog Blog

If you are looking for a tutorial on how to prepare contest quality bbq at home, navigate over to The Hog Blog. Reading through the posts on chicken, ribs, brisket, and pork prep will save you quite a bit of trial and error. The site has a lot of nice pictures and the "how to" posts are quite nicely done.

I especially like the post on chicken preparation.  I used to have very good results in the chicken category, but some of my ideas have changed a little after reading Bob's post on chicken thighs.

The post on pork ribs is also noteworthy.  I've noticed a developing trend in rib cooking. Many are now cooking their ribs in a pan versus wrapping in foil.

For anyone wondering how to trim a brisket for the first time, his post on brisket trimming will put you the right track.

The site also features many different views of his very nice looking bbq cooking trailer painted my favorite color -- Barbecue Red.

1 comment:

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

Hi Brian, Just found your blog and looks like we are on the same page with barbecue. I enjoy grilling, but smoking is my specialty. Nothing is quite as good as slow cooked ribs from the smoker. I'm your newest follower and I'd like to invite you over to my blog and hopefully you will want to follow me, too. My blog is primary woodworking and barbecue, with a few road/camping trips thrown in for good measure. Looking forward to sharing ideas, Steve