Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2006

BBQ Tow Vehicle


Here's a picture of the Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Edition pick-up and accompanying Fat Boy on display at the NAIS auto show.

When I started competing in bbq contests three years ago, I took a very budget minded approach. We hauled our bbq supplies to contest in my 1998 Ford F-150 short bed pick-up, and sometimes there was barely enough room for the driver and passenger.

I've been driving an F-150 for eight years now and recommend it highly, if you're in the market for a pick-up.

We have an enclosed trailer that we tow to contests behind our Ford Explorer, but I'm still a huge fan of the F-150. It's the ultimate bbq tow vehicle in my opinion. With a towing capacity up to 9,900 lbs, and 300 hp, the 5.4L Triton V-8 will get you there on time and in style.

Our last vehicle purchase, the Explorer XLT Sport, replaced Linda's 11-year old SUV, so in three more years it's my turn again. The F-150 remains my first choice.

No comments: