Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Briskets and Pork Butts:

4:50 a.m. The alarm sounded at 4 a.m. and I got up to put two pork butts and a CAB brisket on to cook. I started the brisket about 45 minutes ahead of the butts so they will finish at close to the same time.

9:00 a.m. It's getting colder outside and we're beginning to realize that winter weather is right around the corner. I heard it was 85 degree last week in Tennessee. I'd like to have some 85 degree weather today.

10:30 a.m. I just finished wrapping the meat and checking the temperature probes. The butts were at 162 and the brisket at 163.

2:00 p.m. I just took the briskets and butts off the cooker, wrapped them in towels and placed them inside an Igloo cooler to hold until ready to serve tonight around 5:30 p.m.

No comments: