Pages

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Practice Cook for Bodacious Blues & BBQ

I pulled the the brisket and pork butts off the smoker at 6 a.m. and put them in the an Igloo cooler for holding until time for the simulated "turn-ins" ala KCBS official turn-in times of noon, 12:30, 1:00a nd 1:30 for chicken, ribs, pork and brisket, respectively.

I didn't get to sleep much last night. It's kind of funny, but I sleep more at a bbq contest than I slept here last night. I guess sleeping next to the cooker and shining the flashlight on the gauge makes it easier to keep one eye on the temperature without actually getting out of bed versus running to the window every 30 minutes or so.

I'm glad I decided to practice though. I've gotten a little rusty with a couple of things over the winter. It's good to get that ironed out now instead of waiting for the contest and then mess it up.

No comments: