Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

Holiday BBQ Smoking Plans

It's a 3-day weekend and the weather's perfect for cooking 'que!

Linda brought home a packer brisket today that I'm going to cook in the WSM on Sunday while watching the Indianapolis 500. (Go Danica!) It should be done just in time for a nice brisket feast during the Charlotte 600 later in the evening. (Any Dale Jr. fans out there?)

I used to cook brisket flats from Sam's Club exclusively, but when they didn't have the flats one day I picked up a packer brisket as a substitute. The whole briskets ruined me for brisket flats ever since.

Don't get me wrong....the flats are more affordable, but if there's one thing I've learned in the past 5-years chasing my bbq obsession....good barbecue isn't cheap!

I'll post some pictures later in the weekend.

No comments: