Pages

Friday, May 04, 2007

Florida BBQ

This weekend is a good weekend for bbq competitions in the State of Florida. There are two contests sanctioned by the Florida Barbeque Association (FBA) in St. Cloud and in Quincy; and a third in Cocoa Beach sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society.

Linda and I just returned from the 4th Annual Smokin' Blues BBQ Competition and Bike Rally in Saint Cloud, FL. We drove over from Tampa after work and spent a couple of hours socializing with competitors.

I had a real nice conversation with an old friend about the quality of competition teams in Florida. He pointed out to me that the quality of competitive bbq has improved dramatically in the past 4-5 years as the Florida Barbeque Association has continued to grow with more members, more contests, and more organizers coming on board.

Long time FBA teams have performed well in competitions inside and outside of Florida. The future quantity and quality of barbecue competitions in secure.

Now if we can just do something about those pesky gasonline prices.

Start a Catering Business!

2 comments:

Chris said...

We are rather bummed because we were wanting to go to Memphis in May but it turns out that it is the same weekend as my son's high school graduation.

There's always next year!

The BBQ Guy said...

I know what you mean.

I was offered the opportunity to compete in an MIM contest a few years ago as a part of a large team effort. It was scheduled for the same day as my wedding anniversay, so I missed it.

I'm like you...family first.