Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Barbecuers Needed in St. Louis

Any bbq folks out there in St. Louis?

I received an e-mail today from Brianna Foote today from Aspen Marketing Services hoping to locate someone in St. Louis to assist with a barbecue contest/Amazing Race-type event.

Give a call if you can assist, or suggest someone that can assist with this exciting event.

Hi Brian!

I work for a marketing company in New Jersey. One of our clients is U.S. Cellular, and we are doing a promotion for them in September. It will be structured similar to the Amazing Race, where two teams have to participate in challenges to win prizes that ultimately lead the winning team to a significant sum of money. They will be traveling to many checkpoints across the country in just a week!

One of our stops will be in St. Louis, MO for a barbeque competition. The two teams will have to compete to prepare the best food. We were looking to have a barbeque expert provide all the equipment for us to use, guide the teams in making the food, and judge who the winner would be. We would need this person for just a few hours on the day in mid-September.

I realize that this is a unique request, and I believe I saw somewhere on your website that says that you are located in Plymouth, Michigan, which is not very close by. Because it is so unique, I am having a very difficult time trying to find someone who would be able to do this, who would be trustworthy, and has a strong background and affinity for barbeque. If this sounds remotely interesting to you, could you email me what an approximate rate you would require for such an event? Or, I imagine that you are familiar with other barbeque aficionados and organizations, so if there is anyone, especially in the St. Louis area, that you think would be able to help us out, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help! I would be so grateful for any information that you could provide me. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Brianna Foote
Aspen Marketing Services
Office: (973) 775-6524
bfoote@dvc.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian,

I will send your blog entry out to my mailing list to see if there is anyone who may be willing to help.

Thanks for the info!

Be safe,
Jim 'Rhino' Reincke
Illinois BBQ Society
Online: http://www.ILBBQS.com