You will need:
- Two lbs. beef brisket
- One-ounce salt, pepper and granulated garlic
For Brisket Marinade:
- Three cups Beechwood Smoked Barbeque Sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Budweiser
- One cup beef stock
- One lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Five green onions, chopped
- Three cloves of garlic, mashed
1. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together well and marinate the brisket for up to 24 hours.
2. Remove the brisket from the marinade and sear off in a hot pan with a small amount of oil. 3. In a large roasting pan, place the marinade and the brisket.
4. Cover and cook for 2 - 2 ½ hours in a 350 degree oven.
5. When the brisket is fork tender remove from the oven and set aside.
6. Reduce the marinade until it coats a spoon and serve with the brisket.
Recipe courtesy of Brent Wertz, Certified Executive Chef (CEC), graduated from The Culinary Institute of America in 1987 with high honors. Upon graduation he began his culinary career working at renowned hotels from California to Scotland and has honed his craft for nearly two decades working on a variety of multi-regional cuisines. Wertz went on to earn the distinction of Certified Executive Chef from the American Culinary Federation.