Pages

Monday, October 30, 2006

Need a BBQ Tow Vehicle? Buy a Ford F-150


If you need a truck, consider the Ford F-150. I'm the proud owner of a 1998 F-150 5.4 L SWB XLT 4 x 2. My father-in-law is fond of telling his friends that I wouldn't drive another brand, even if someone gave it to me. He's right. I wouldn't.

There are a lot of reasons why I'm loyal to the F-150, but don't take my word for it. If you perform your own side-by-side comparision of full-size trucks in the market, I'm sure you'll reach the same conclusion.
Here's a nice link that compares some of the major reasons you're probably considering buying a truck in the first place--for it's towing and/or payload capacity. You wouldn't take a .22 caliber rifle on a bear hunting expedition and you wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight. So, I urge you...don't buy one of the "pretenders", get the real deal.
Superior towing, payload, performance, boxed frame, quiet steel. Just a few of the reasons my next truck will be an F-150.

I took the picture of the F-150, customized by Saleen (above), at the 2006 Detroit International Auto Show.

No comments: