Pages

Friday, June 30, 2006

Holiday Weekend BBQ

Like millions of others, I'm cooking bbq this weekend. I put 2 pork butts and three racks of ribs on the smoker at 8:15 p.m. The ribs finished up at 12:30 a.m. and the pork butts were taken off the smoker at 2:30 a.m. before I headed to bed.

I was awakened this morning at 6:30 a.m. by the smell of pork wafting through the house. At some houses it's coffee....at our house it's pork juice. LOL

It's a tune up for my second contest of the year next weekend in Dundee, MI at Cabela's. It was our favorite contest last year. Not only is it the closest contest to our house in Plymouth, MI, but it was also our most successfull. I can only hope that this year turns out the same, but I'm not counting on it.

After Cabela's we have a week until our third contest of the year in Grand Rapids, MI and after that, it's off to Madison, IN in August.

Happy Fourth of July weekend!

No comments: