Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

BBQ Sauce Recipe

I've seen this recipe posted in a couple of places--first at The BBQ Forum and then on BBQ Bob's web site. I've not tried it out yet, but it sounds sooooooo good. I just had to share it here.

"Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont Sauce"

1 quart cider vinegar
12 oz Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 T red pepper flakes
2 T salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp celery seed
2 T Worchestershire sauce
Juice of one lemon
1 T chipotle powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1 T onion powder

Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let cool and bottle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sauce is definately worth a try. It is my go to vinegar type sauce. Good Stuff!!!!!

The BBQ Guy said...

I agree. I've used it on pork sandwiches and it's excellent.