Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

BBQ Pictures


I took this "smokey" picture on my cell phone
Here are a couple of low resolution pictures I took of my current bbq cook this morning. 

The baby backs are not very clear because of the smoke rolling out when I opened the door. The cell phone lens fogged up too apparently, with the change in temperature.

For the pork butts I'm trying a couple of different commercial rubs.  I am using the Oak Ridge BBQ Beef and Pork rub straight out of the container, but for the Bad Byron's Butt Rub, I added some additional brown sugar and turbinado sugar to take some of the sting out of the rub and balance out the saltiness.

15 lbs of pork butts
Before I get any of the Bad Byron's fans that may be reading this too riled up, I should explain.  I'm a big fan of the philosophy - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  I've used Bad Byron's Butt Rub on my pulled pork for years, but I've noticed that some of my relatives favor a little less bite in their bbq. Sometimes that particular commercial rub tastes a little "peppery" and it has a strong salt flavor. After all, cooking bbq is a lot about knowing the audience that's going to be eating it.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like you had a full cooker!

I hate trying to get a clear shot on the smoker. You want to hurry up and close it, but every time I get ready to click the photo, smoke jumps in the way. I swear it's doing it on purpose ;)

The BBQ Guy said...

Hi Chris,

The pictures on your blog are awesome. You definitely have more patience than I. Congrats on such a "sharp" blog.

LED high bays said...

Led grills offer quality and convenience in indoor and outdoor cooking. It all started with a small, simple indoor grill. All you need to do is think about how you will use your grill.