Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

National BBQ Rankings

I don't know about you, but I always enjoyed reading the box scores for sporting events. I like seeing who did what...who is hot and who is not...etc. I love statistics and trying to find the hidden meaning in them.

I've always wondered why the Team of the Year standings weren't published at KCBS.us for sanctioned barbecue events. The Florida Barbeque Association has provided event by event scores and Team of the Year standings on their web site for years. In fact, they usually have them posted within 24-48 hours of the event conclusion.

Some loyal barbecue fans over at the National BBQ Rankings web site have started a valuable service for bbq fans. NationalBBQRankings.com launched recently to provide an online source for KCBS Team of the Year standings on a week by week basis. I applaud the effort. Now we'll be able to follow along throughout the year and see what teams are on the rise and which ones are on the decline for KCBS Team of the Year.

No comments: