The article servers as a reminder to everyone that participates in the barbecue hobby whether using a charcoal barbeque grill, a charcoal bbq smoker, or a gas powered grills and smokers; safety is always a concern.
Barbecue Safety Tips:
- Avoid using lighter fluid to light your fires. Use a charcoal chimney and fire starter sticks instead.
- Don't wear baggy or loose fitting clothing that might catch on fire while cooking.
- Don't stand too close to the flames.
- If you have long hair, be careful not to get it too close to the fire.
- If using propane powered grills and smokers--check the connections to the tank before igniting.
- Never use gasoline, kerosene, or diesel fuel to ignite charcoal or wood for cooking.
- Don't set your cookers, smokers, or grills too close to the house. It just might set your house on fire.