Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Roots N Blues N BBQ Festival - Columbia MO

I just learned that the Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi are playing at the Roots N Blues N BBQ Festival in Columbia MO on October 2. I grew up in Missouri and attended college at Westminter College in nearby Fulton. If I'd known they were performing so close to home it might have motivated me to plan a visit to Boonville for a family visit.

Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi are from Jacksonville FL. I've been trying to catch them at a Florida performance, but it hasn't worked out so far. If you follow the blues or The Allman Brothers Band, you may know them already, but here's a video of two of my favorite songs they perform, Angel From Montgomery and Down in the Flood.



2 comments:

Chris said...

I grew up in Jax but never really got into the Allman Brothers, Skynard, blues scene. That guitar solo about 1 minute into the Trucks video is excellent. Hope you finally get to catch their show at some point.

The BBQ Guy said...

Chris Smither does a different version of Down in the Flood that I really like as well.

If you like guitar solos and get a chance, check out Stacy Mitchart. He used to be the house performer every Saturday night at Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Factory in Printer's Alley in downtown Nashville.

And as an aside, we used to go there at least once a month and Gretchen Wilson waited on us many, many times.