I thought it would be interesting to post a survey today in the spirit of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) which the Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes on a monthly basis.
The survey will derive the monthly "BBQ Price Index" and I will post it on a monthly basis going forward to help indicate whether the overall trend of consuming, preparing and selling bbq is rising or falling each month.
Please replay by e-mail or via the comments button below to participate in the survey. My replies are in red below.
1. What is the price per pound of a an untrimmed CAB brisket in the town where you live?
2. What is the price per pound of a pork butt or shoulder in the town where you live?
$1.05 (pork butt)
3. What did you spend on the last bbq meal you purchased in a restaurant?
$23 including tip (for 2 adults)
4. How many opened bottles of bbq sauce do you currently have in your refrigerator?
9 bottles/jars as of last Saturday before we threw out 4 of them, 5 currently
5. How many bottles of opened bbq spice rub do you currently have in your cupboard?
8 bottles, and in a couple of instances there are 2 of the same kind opened
My own personal BBQ Price Index: 40.35
I look forward to your responses to the survey.