• 1 lb. ground pork sausage
• 1 large onion
• 6 slices of bacon
• Pepper jack cheese (or Swiss if you prefer)
• French’s original mustard
- Chop the onion.
- Combine the hamburger, sausage and finely chopped onion in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form meat into patties that are the size of half-a-fist
- Cook on medium hot (350-400 degrees) grill to medium-well (160-165 degrees internal temperature).
- Resist the temptation to "smash" or "flatten" the patties (you'll release all the juicy goodness) :-)
- Add a slice of pepper jack or Swiss cheese for each burger.
- Top with ½ slice of fried bacon.
|Grilled hamburger, medium well|
|Hamburger, pepper jack cheese, topped with bacon and French's mustard|
Some of you may be wondering, "where's the lettuce and tomato?" I prepare mine without the "garden" items, but I don't hold it against anyone the prefers a "deluxe" burger. (That's what we called them when I used to flip burgers at the DQ in high school.)
|We served our grilled hamburgers with zucchini fries|