Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

BBQ Store

I have been thinking about the possibility of starting an online bbq store.  I marketed my own products for several years, but recently I've identified a void in the market place for purveyors of high quality bbq products including bbq sauces and spice rubs.

Many of the business gurus I've read say that when starting a business you should do what you enjoy most. The theory is that if you would do it for free then it's more likely that you have the passion and energy to put in the hard work to build a business that's not likely to generate any tangible profits in the short term.

1 comment:

PlethoraOfPinatas said...

Good luck with your new venture! What brands of sauce and spices will you carry that aren't readily available?

I can easily find Plowboys, Oakridge, and Head Country rubs as well as Blues Hog and Pork Barrel sauces online. Those are my favorites, but I'm curious as to what you'll offer that isn't available elsewhere?