Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fried Catfish Recipe

My doctor broke the bad news to me on Thursday -- I've got high cholesterol. Since I should be cutting down on fried foods, I thought I'd live vicariously through Home Sick Texan tonight.

Here's a nice sounding recipe for fried catfish from her web blog.

Ingredients:

1 pound of catfish fillets, cut into inch-wide strips
1 cup of yellow cornmeal
2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying

Method:

Salt and pepper fillets and let warm to room temperature. Heat up about three-inches of oil in an iron skillet or a Dutch oven. Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl. Put cornmeal on a plate. Dip fillets in egg-milk mixture and then dredge in cornmeal, covering both sides. Place battered fish into hot oil and cook four minutes, turning once.


Read more from Home Sick Texan.

No comments: