Pages

Monday, October 08, 2012

Have You Read Thin Blue Smoke Yet?

If you are looking for bbq gifts for hard to buy for friends and relatives you can't go wrong with the paperback edition of  Thin Blue Smoke. I read the hard back version cover to cover when it first became available on Amazon.com. But, don't take my word for it - there are currently 38 positive reviews from readers on Amazon.

It sounds like a bbq book and certainly talks alot about Kansas City BBQ, but it offers so much more than that. It's a book about life, about Kansas City, and about forgiveness. I think the chapters that focus on the character Ferguson Glenn could be spun off into a stand alone novel. If a movie were made based on this fictional Episcopal clergyman, I'd be the first in line to purchase a ticket and some popcorn.

Congratulations (again) to Doug Worgul for a fine work. I can't wait for his next novel.

No comments: