Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Turkey Dinner

Thinking back to my days of listening to University of Tennessee football on the car radio while working at the car dealership on Saturdays, I recall hearing their long time play-by-play commentator, John Ward, say this during the introduction for every broadcast......It's TURKEY TIME across America!

Or, was that FOOTBALL TIME in Tennessee? (I know, I know, it's been a rough football year in the Volunteer State, but I'm not giving up on them.)

We've thawed the turkey, washed the turkey, made the brine, chilled the brine; and we're getting ready to let the osmosis process begin as the turkey soaks in the brine solution overnight. We're going through all this effort so the turkey will be full of flavor for cooking tomorrow, or maybe it's just so I have something to do and get a few brownie points with Linda--you tell me.

Hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday and enjoy your turkey, ham, or other main course of choice before watching football all afternoon!

Sincerely,

Brian and Linda

No comments: