Pages

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Great Chili Quest 2006:

This will be a multi-part post that I will update periodically with my progress. For the past several years as the weather starts turn cooler and the bbq contest season begins to wind down, I tend to gravitate towards finding other forms of competitive cooking challenges to "research". I've know about chili cook-offs for a couple years now and have attended a couple to check them out.

This winter I hope to learn to cook contest chili in the spirit of the International Chili Society

Being a total novice at cooking "chili without beans", it should be interesting and quite comical at times I'm sure. I tend to over analyze most everything I try for the first few times, so this time I've pledged to take one of the chili recipes from the ICS website and work on it over the winter with the goal of entering the Snowflake Regional in Jackson, MI scheduled for 2/12/2006.

I'll post updates from time to time on my progress.

No comments: